June is Pride Month
Browse our Current Virtual Galleries:
The Charles County Arts Alliance was founded in 1987 as a grass-roots, all-volunteer nonprofit organization by a group of enthusiastic citizens. Its mission has remained steadfast over the past three decades: “to stimulate, promote, encourage, and provide recognition of the arts and the creative spirit in Charles County.” It is designated as the official arts council of Charles County by the Charles County Government and is recognized as such by the Maryland State Arts Council. In this role, the Arts Alliance serves as the “arts umbrella” organization for the entire Charles County arts community – arts organizations, arts educators, individual artists, and the arts-loving public.
Over the past 33 years, the Charles County Arts Alliance has achieved many major accomplishments:
• Promoted Charles County arts events, organizations, and individual artists.
• Devoted thousands of volunteer hours to achieve its mission.
• Received over $1,000,000 in federal, state, and county grants to support its mission.
• Awarded over $750,000 in Arts Grants to support local nonprofits and schools.
• Awarded annual Arts Scholarships at each county high school.
• Produced ArtsFest, the largest annual arts festival in Charles County.
• Managed the Fine Arts Building of the Charles County Fair.
• Presented regional artist workshops and masterclasses.
• Managed free public galleries for visual artists to display artworks at no cost.
• Sponsored its first statewide juried art show at Thomas Stone National Historic Site.
• Presented numerous cultural events for county citizens and students.
• Advocated for increased funding for the arts at the local, state, and national levels.
• Partnered with many nonprofit, government, and educational organizations.
• Provided access to the arts for Charles County’s under-served population.
• Ensured that the arts were included in the Charles County Comprehensive Plan.
• Published Arts Vision 2020: A Strategic Plan for the Arts in Charles County.
We invite you to become a member – all are welcome! The Charles County Arts Alliance is an IRS 501(c)(3) charitable organization and as such, all contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Please join us as we seek to improve the overall quality of life in Charles County, and implement our long-term strategic plan for the arts, Arts Vision 2020.
Thanks to our Sponsors!