The Charles County Arts Alliance major accomplishments over the past 33 years
• Promoted Charles County arts events, organizations, and individual artists.
• Devoted thousands of volunteer hours to achieve its mission.
• Received over $1,000,000 in federal, state, and county grants to support its mission.
• Awarded over $750,000 in Arts Grants to support local nonprofits and schools.
• Awarded annual Arts Scholarships at each county high school.
• Produced ArtsFest, the largest annual arts festival in Charles County.
• Managed the Fine Arts Building of the Charles County Fair.
• Presented regional artist workshops and masterclasses.
• Managed free public galleries for visual artists to display artworks at no cost.
• Sponsored its first statewide juried art show at Thomas Stone National Historic Site.
• Presented numerous cultural events for county citizens and students.
• Advocated for increased funding for the arts at the local, state, and national levels.
• Partnered with many nonprofit, government, and educational organizations.
• Provided access to the arts for Charles County’s under-served population.
• Ensured that the arts were included in the Charles County Comprehensive Plan.
• Published Arts Vision 2020: A Strategic Plan for the Arts in Charles County.
We invite you to become a member – all are welcome! The Charles County Arts Alliance is an IRS 501(c)(3) charitable organization and as such, all contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Please join us as we seek to improve the overall quality of life in Charles County, and implement our long-term strategic plan for the arts, Arts Vision 2020.
Thanks to our Sponsors!