CCAA Arts Scholarship
The Charles County Arts Alliance sponsors a $1500 scholarship, awarded to one highly-qualified and talented graduate from each of Charles County’s seven public high schools and St. Mary’s Ryken High School pursuing an arts-related major at a four-year college or university. It is a competitive program; applicants must submit:
- A detailed resume listing the applicant’s artistic, extracurricular, professional and/or community service activities.
- A 300-word essay that includes the name of the college or university the applicant plans to attend, the intended arts major, and an explanation of why the particular arts degree is being pursued.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation – one from a teacher familiar with the applicant’s artistic achievements, and one from a teacher familiar with the applicant’s academic achievements.
- An official transcript verifying a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher.
- An audition tape or portfolio, depending on the applicant’s artistic discipline.
The program for 2021 is now closed.
The scholarship application and supporting materials must be delivered electronically to email@example.com, or delivered* to the CCAA office at the following address by 12:00 PM on March 5, 2021:
By mail: PO Box 697, White Plains MD 20695
For in-person delivery: 10250 La Plata Road, La Plata MD 20646
*Applications postmarked on or after the deadline will not be considered.
For more information, contact the CCAA office at 301-392-5900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.